Bayswater North, a residential and industrial suburb, is 28 km east of central Melbourne. Its main arterial route is Canterbury Road and the Bayswater railway station is to its south-west. The Dandenong Creek flanks the suburb's southern boundary, and another floodway, Bungalook Creek, flanks its northern boundary.
In Bayswater Road, just north of Bungalook Creek, there is the Boonong homestead (c1880). In 1911 part of the Boonong property was subdivided into five-acre blocks, with provision for a primary school (1923), Methodist church and a hall.
Bayswater North was still rural in the 1950s when a site on Canterbury Road was chosen for British Nylon Spinners' new factory (1956). The enterprise was enlarged in 1963 when Fibremakers' factory was added, and the whole site is now Fibremakers Business Park.
In 1982 the school at the corner of Canterbury and Bayfield Roads was closed when a new one opened in the residential sector further east. The school adjoins Bayswater North's main public reserve, Canterbury Gardens.
Canterbury Road is flanked by industry, drive-in shopping outlets and a community shopping centre.
Bayswater North's census populations have been: