Pinewood is a residential locality 18 km south-east of Melbourne. Situated on the west side of Blackburn Road and north of the Monash Freeway, it is part of Mount Waverley.
Pinewood was a housing estate built by Jennings Industries in the late 1950s. It was named after a row of pine trees on the farm land which Jennings acquired in 1957. The Pinewood shopping centre was opened in 1960 and the primary school to its immediate west was opened a year later. Further west there is the Pinewood reserve. The shopping centre has a supermarket, over 70 other shops and outlets and a cinema (1998).
In 2014 Pinewood primary school had 406 pupils.