Lillimur is a vanishing rural village on the Western Highway in the northern Wimmera region, north-west Victoria, 15 km east of the South Australia border. The place name came from the Lillymur pastoral station, formed in 1866 from the consolidation and re-subdivision of two former pastoral runs. It is thought that the name was derived from an Aboriginal word meaning bone or wattle gum.

Subscribe to Lillimur