Tennyson is a rural locality in northern Victoria, 35 km south-west of Echuca and 10 km west of the Bamawm/Lockington irrigation area.
When the Tennyson locality was settled in the early 1870s it was known as Pannoomilloo West (Milloo is west of Tennyson), but when a school was opened in 1875 it was named Pannoo Bamawm.
The Waranga Western Channel was extended west of the Campaspe River in 1909, bringing reliable farm water to Bamawm and Pannoo Bamawm. A mutual improvement association constructed a hall in 1910, more or less coinciding with the opening of a post office and the change of name to Tennyson. In 1915 a railway line from Elmore to Cohuna was opened, passing through Lockington and concentrating commercial development in that town. The opening of a consolidated school in Lockington resulted in the closure of Tennyson’s school in 1954.
Tennyson has a Catholic church, a post office and the Milloo hall. Its census populations have been:
Bamawm and Lockington entries