Bell Park is a residential suburb between Geelong North and Bell Post Hill. It was named after the Bell Park homestead, built by an early settler, John Bell. Part of the homestead is preserved in the buildings at the Grace McKellar Centre for Rehabilitation and Extended Care, Geelong North.
The residential settlement of Bell Park began in the 1950s, and many of the new settlers were postwar European migrants. Two of the larger groups were Croatians and Italians. Many built make-do bungalows until they earned enough to build better finished dwellings. Bell Park was made a separate Catholic Parish, and the Holy Family school (1955) and church are about central to Bell Park. Nearby is a Croatian community hall in a shopping area, along with the high school (1959) and the technical school (1968). They are now a secondary college. The State primary schools are Nelson Park (1968) and Bell Park North (1968), and their enrolments in 2014 were 349 and 220. There are also Ukrainian Catholic, Greek Orthodox, Ukrainian Orthodox, Russian Orthodox and Free Serbian Orthodox churches in Bell Park or on its boundary.
There are two reserves with soccer fields adjoining the schools. A linear reserve runs along Bell Park's northern boundary, Cowies Creek. At the southern end of Bell Park there is the Grace McKellar Centre. There are shopping centres in Anakie Road, Separation Street and Milton Street.
Bell Park's census populations have been:
Norm Gibson (ed), A fresh start in a new land, (oral history), Shire of Corio, 1988
Ian Wynd, So fine a county: a history of the Shire of Corio, Shire of Corio, 1981
Book of memories, Holy Family, Bell Park, Bell Park, 2005