Archies Creek is a rural village in west Gippsland, 8 km north-west of Wonthaggi. The naming of the creek is obscure, apart from the conjecture that there was an early settler with the surname Archer or Archie.
Farm subdivisions were taken up at Archies Creek in the 1880s in country that was suited to dairying. A school was opened in 1891 and a recreation reserve was set aside for emerging sporting clubs. A hotel was opened in 1902.