Boorhaman is a rural village near the Ovens River, 15 km north of Wangaratta in north-eastern Victoria.
The Boorhaman pastoral station was recorded in 1865 as a subdivision of the earlier Botherambo pastoral run (1839). The origin and meaning of the word are uncertain.
A Catholic school was opened in Boorhaman in 1868 and a government school was opened nine years later. In 1903 it was described in the Australian handbook: