Box Hill and Box Hill City
Box Hill, a residential suburb 14 km east of central Melbourne, is between Camberwell and Blackburn. In 1875 it was part of the Nunawading Shire, which stretched from Camberwell to Ringwood. When the shire was divided on 26 May 1925, Box Hill was a compact municipality of 21.5 square km, bordered by Warrigal Road, Koonung Koonung Creek, Middleborough Road and Highbury Road. It contained Box Hill North, Box Hill South, parts of Burwood, Surrey Hills and Mont Albert, Bennettswood and Burwood's original village of Ballyshannassy, where the Burwood cemetery is situated.