Cohuna and Cohuna Shire
Cohuna is a rural town in the Torrumbarry irrigation area, 60 km north-west of Echuca. It is situated on the Murray Valley Highway and the Gunbower Creek, a tributary of the Murray River.
The first pastoral settlement in the Cohuna area was the Gunbower pastoral run (1845). In 1874 farm selections became available in the area and in 1875 the Cohuna village was proclaimed. It is thought that the name resembles an Aboriginal word for the native companion or brolga.