Deer Park is a residential suburb on Ballarat Road, 18 km north-west of central Melbourne.
The area is in the parish of Derrimut, which was the name of an Aboriginal chief, and the parish name applied to the Deer Park area until the late 1880s. South of Deer Park is the Mount Derrimut homestead, the site of a shorthorn cattle stud, begun in 1850 by Septimus and Richard Morton. In 1885 part of the Mount Derrimut property was leased to the Melbourne Hunt Club, together with other land owned by W.J.T. Clarke.