Koyuga is a rural village and district on the railway line between Echuca and Kyabram in northern Victoria. It is 15 km south-east of Echuca. The name is thought to be derived from an Aboriginal word meaning clearing of bushes or scrub.
The area was opened up for farm selections in the 1870s and schools were opened at Koyuga (1876) and Koyuga East (1881). By the early 1880s many selectors had left their properties because of adverse conditions, and the Koyuga school was closed in 1884. The opening of a railway line through Koyuga in 1887 came too late to make much difference.