Neilborough is a rural locality 23 km north of Bendigo.
It is a short distance north of the whipstick forest area. In 1857 gold was discovered there, and the diggings were named Elysian Flat. A township was surveyed shortly afterwards, and named Neilborough in 1860. The origin of the name is not known. Gold mining continued quite strongly until the 1900s when the last alluvial mine on the Elysian Flat deep lead was closed.