Keilor Park, between the Melbourne (Tullamarine) airport and the Calder Freeway, is 15 km north-west of central Melbourne. It is residential in the east and industrial in the west. The eastern boundary is the Western Ring Road.
The residential area has a small shopping area, neighbourhood reserves and a community centre. Immediately to the west is the Keilor Park recreation reserve nearly one kilometre square with facilities for soccer, tennis basketball and athletics. A botanic garden is located where Steele Creek crosses a corner of the reserve. The State primary school (c1973) closed in 2008.
The heritage-listed Keilor St Augustine’s church (Catholic, 1863), is in Keilor Park.
Residents speaking Italian at home were 20.3% of persons who responded to that 2011 census question and Catholics were 52.4% of respondents who indicated a religious affiliation.
Keilor Park’s census populations have been:
Christine Laskowski, Steele Creek and the Lady of the Lake, 2013