Mologa is a rural locality on the railway line between Bendigo and Pyramid Hill, 13 km south-east of Pyramid Hill. The locality reaching westwards to Yarrawalla was also known as Mologa from 1870 to 1890.
It is thought that the name is derived from an Aboriginal word meaning sand hill.
Schools were opened at Mologa West, Central and East between 1876 and 1880, following the taking up of farm selections. Shortly after the turn of the century the Victorian municipal directory recorded a hotel and store at Mologa, to which was added a public hall in the 1920s. The store ceased during or before the early postwar years.
The area west of the railway line (1884) is in the Calivil irrigation area. To the east is the Terrick Terrick State Park.
Mologa’s census populations have been: