Tyntynder is a rural locality in the Swan Hill irrigation district, 10 km north of Swan Hill in north-west Victoria. It was named after the Tyntyndyer pastoral run, taken up by Andrew and Peter Beveridge in 1846. The name is thought to have been derived from an Aboriginal word of which the meaning is unrecorded. The heritage listed Tyntyndyer homestead is 16 km north of Swan Hill and is open for inspection. The contemporary spelling of the place name omits the last ‘y’.