Warrandyte South is a rural/residential suburb 27 km north-east of central Melbourne.
The area was originally known as Parsons Gully. It has minor tributaries of Andersons and Jumping Creeks, and was a fruit growing area. A primary school was opened in 1907, next to the public hall in Hall Road. Both buildings were destroyed in the 1939 bushfires and were rebuilt. The school had memorial gates (1951), dedicated to the memory of William Everard, local parliamentarian and chair of the Healesville Sanctuary.