Yellingbo is a rural district 48 km east of Melbourne, south of Woori Yallock.
The district was originally named Claxton after the proprietor of the store and post office on the Woori Yallock Creek. The name later became Parslons Bridge, after the name of the son-in-law who carried on the post office and store. In the 1930s the name was changed to Yellingbo, after the so-called ‘last known’ Aboriginal inhabitant. According to Bunce's Language of the Aborigines of the Colony of Victoria (1859), Yellingbo is an Aboriginal word meaning today.