Glenormiston is a rural locality, chiefly known for its agricultural and horticultural college, about 10 km north of Terang in Western Victoria. It was named after the Glenormiston pastoral run.
In 1840 a Scottish pastoralist, Niel Black, acquired the Glenormiston pastoral run on behalf of a British company. He named it after Glenormiston, Peebleshire, Scotland, the birthplace of a member of the company. During the 1850s Black began the building of the Glenormiston homestead, later to become the site of the agricultural college.