Mount Duneed is a rural locality 10 km south of central Geelong. The mount is west of the State school in Williams Road, and has radio masts on its slopes. The Mount Duneed recreation reserve encloses the mount which is a volcanic cone. The name derives from the Gaelic word for a circular mound.
In 1855-60 the Mount Duneed area was subdivided for small farms. A heritage listed pre-fabricated cottage in Mount Duneed Road is thought to date from 1855.