Taylors Hill is a residential suburb in the north-east of Melton shire, immediately south of Sydenham and 22 km north-west of central Melbourne. The area was part of William Taylor’s Overnewton pastoral estate which was subdivided for closer settlement in 1905. The landscape rises to Melbourne Water’s Sydenham tank on a rise near the middle of the suburb.
One of the several farm homesteads survives in Hume Drive. Dalgook homestead (1906) has been refurbished by the shire council as a community centre and is set in a reserve with fragments of the original farm.