Woodstock (near Bendigo)
Woodstock is a rural district on Little Creek, 23 km west of Bendigo. The creek is a tributary of the Loddon River, and Woodstock West is quite near the Loddon.
A school, named Woodstock-on-Loddon, was opened in 1864. Bailliere’s Victorian gazetteer for 1865, gave Woodstock the alternate name of Loddon, and described it being on a plain with a mostly dry creek. There were two hotels, and farming was pastoral and agricultural. A Presbyterian church was opened in 1867, a Bible Christian chapel in 1869 and a Catholic church in 1877.