Corop is a rural locality at the intersection of the Midland Highway and the Waranga Western Channel in northern Victoria. It is 15 km south-east of Rochester. Corop was the name of a pastoral run taken up by Edward Curr in 1843. It is thought that the name was derived from an Aboriginal word meaning the call of the brolga. The shallow waters of Lake Cooper, about one kilometre south of Corop, were a habitat for brolga and other water birds.