Crossley is a rural locality in western Victoria, 12 km north-east of Port Fairy. It lies on land nourished by the volcanic soils of the Tower Hill caldera, and is 2 km west of the Tower Hill lake.
Crossley became densely settled by farmers drawn to the fertile soil in the 1850s-60s. A National school was opened in the area in 1867, and a Catholic school (mainly for Irish settlers) opened at about the same time. St Brigid's school's enrolments were so successful that a subsequent Government school (1878) closed in 1892.