Invermay and Invermay Park
Invermay is a rural/residential area on the north-eastern outskirt of Ballarat, about 5 km from the city centre, and immediately north of the Western Freeway.
The district was originally known as Dead Horse Gully. When farming overtook mining, it was named Invermay in 1873, after a farm of that name owned by the Swingler family. The early village comprised a school (1866) and a Wesleyan church (1892).