Maiden Gully is a rural/residential township and district on the Calder Highway 7 km west of Bendigo. It was the site of a gold discovery in 1859, and was associated with nearby Myers Flat. The primary school was named Myers Creek from its opening in 1875 until 1938, when it was renamed Maiden Gully.
The origin of Maiden Gully’s name is unclear. The actual gully is in a forested area 1 km north of the township.