Tawonga and Tawonga South
Tawonga and Tawonga South are rural townships in the Kiewa Valley, north-east Victoria, a few kilometres north of Mount Beauty.
In 1841 the Tawonga pastoral run, immediately west of the Kiewa River, was taken up by James Roberts. The run included alluvial river flats which were subdivided for farm selections during the 1870s. In 1880 a school and a hall were opened at Tawonga.