Keilor East is a residential suburb 12 km north-west of central Melbourne. It is just beyond Essendon West and Niddrie, where the tram line to Airport West ends.
The area was subdivided as the City View Estate in 1955, and is situated on an elevated area that overlooks Essendon. Development followed about ten years after the subdivision, the primary school opening in 1963 and the high school in 1969. Both were named Keilor Heights. Essendon Grammar School acquired land for expansion to its future catchment area.